Conflicting information about NOVA?? Please Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subedude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question regarding some different information I've found out about NOVA..I'm taking the Kaplan online course, and they say that NOVA's average OAT score is 309..however, on opted.org it says the average is 330?? So is kaplan's just really old or something??

Members don't see this ad.

ya i figured that was the case too..i'm just really freaking out cause i'm taking the OAT on august 4 and a 309 average looked really good to me lol cause I really wanna go to NOVA..I've been gettin like around 300 average on the kaplan tests but I heard they're considerably harder than the real thing???

well that's a relief cause I NEED a high OAT score..i have a 3.7 GPA but I'm applying without a degree (90 credits) and I'm gonna need all the help I can get from my OAT score cause I hear NOVA's so good with accepting people w/o a degree????

Members don't see this ad :)
well that's a relief cause I NEED a high OAT score..i have a 3.7 GPA but I'm applying without a degree (90 credits) and I'm gonna need all the help I can get from my OAT score cause I hear NOVA's so good with accepting people w/o a degree????

I know of several people accepted to NOVA without a degree. With a 3.7 GPA and a good OAT score I don't see anything hindering you from getting accepted. Why don't you want to finish your undergraduate degree? College is freakin fun.

Well, I got to UF and I'm honestly not having all that much fun over there..the school's pretty hard so I'm studying all the time(yes, I know that's gonna be the case in optometry school as well). Plus, I'd rather not take all these classes when I can avoid them you know? Finishing early just seems like a good idea to me?? Everyone's different though I guess..O, and I have some good news I think..I just took the final for my KAPLAN course and got a 320 AA and TS..which is about 20 points higher than I've ever gotten..I'm taking the OAT on monday so I'm glad to see some improvement..any last minute things i should know?????????

Well, I got to UF and I'm honestly not having all that much fun over there..the school's pretty hard so I'm studying all the time(yes, I know that's gonna be the case in optometry school as well). Plus, I'd rather not take all these classes when I can avoid them you know? Finishing early just seems like a good idea to me?? Everyone's different though I guess..O, and I have some good news I think..I just took the final for my KAPLAN course and got a 320 AA and TS..which is about 20 points higher than I've ever gotten..I'm taking the OAT on monday so I'm glad to see some improvement..any last minute things i should know?????????

Relax, get a good night's sleep, and stay confident! Best of luck!! :D

Congrats on the improvement...Just relax, it's almost all over! I've heard from several people that have taken the Kaplan course and the OAT that the Kaplan tests are a lot harder than the real thing. I wish you lots of luck. :)

Last edited:
thanks for all the encouraging comments everyone!! I just took the opted.org practice test and got a 340 AA and 330 TS!!! I'm pretty excited I guess..if I got a 340 on the real thing on monday that'd be fine with me, thanks again everyone..ill keep you all posted once I get my score on monday