-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
confucious
Started by dWiz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
a month...8-10 hrs a day..scored a 23dWiz said:For those of u who got dat scores in 20s, how much time did u spend studying for it?
2 months
5-6 hours a day
was able to read the material 2 - 3 times
21AA, 21TS, 17PAT -
5-6 hours a day
was able to read the material 2 - 3 times
21AA, 21TS, 17PAT -
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1 month, 5,6 hours a day at first, last week 10 hours a day. A lot of wasting time on junk studying material.dWiz said:For those of u who got dat scores in 20s, how much time did u spend studying for it?
focused ~6 hrs per weekend for 2 months (total ~50 hours). scored 24 AA/17 PAT 😱dWiz said:For those of u who got dat scores in 20s, how much time did u spend studying for it?
2 hrs/weekday, 4 hrs/weekend for 1 month, then 4-5 hrs everyday for the last 2 wks. It was a rough time for me with 2 jobs and a new born baby. I think I did good under pressure. Don't wanna do it again. Whatta useless test !

2 months
5-6 hours a day (6 days a week)
studied notes and books for 1.5 months, then did problems over and over for the rest of the time along with practice tests.
AA 20, TS 19, PA 15 🙁 (there's no telling what can happen in this section)
5-6 hours a day (6 days a week)
studied notes and books for 1.5 months, then did problems over and over for the rest of the time along with practice tests.
AA 20, TS 19, PA 15 🙁 (there's no telling what can happen in this section)
highfly413 said:2 months
5-6 hours a day (6 days a week)
studied notes and books for 1.5 months, then did problems over and over for the rest of the time along with practice tests.
AA 20, TS 19, PA 15 🙁 (there's no telling what can happen in this section)
two weeks, three hrs a day
you can't really answer a question like that. The thing is that people like me for example studied about 5 to 8 hours a day for the whole summer. My AA was 14. Why? I don't pay attention to my courses. I take my courses in undergrad because I have to. Pure memorization. Other people who scored really high though are different. They could have studied like two weeks and scored a lot higher, just because they probably skimmed through the DAT book knowing everything already since they've already taken it in school, and they actually remember it.
take a practice test, and see were you stand. assess your abilities. each person is different.
good luck!
take a practice test, and see were you stand. assess your abilities. each person is different.
good luck!
How are u doing PHOS...I remember reading POST from you....about the DAT and things of that nature.....How is the APPLICATION cycle going?? 😀phosphorylation said:you can't really answer a question like that. The thing is that people like me for example studied about 5 to 8 hours a day for the whole summer. My AA was 14. Why? I don't pay attention to my courses. I take my courses in undergrad because I have to. Pure memorization. Other people who scored really high though are different. They could have studied like two weeks and scored a lot higher, just because they probably skimmed through the DAT book knowing everything already since they've already taken it in school, and they actually remember it.
take a practice test, and see were you stand. assess your abilities. each person is different.
good luck!
ahmedpredental0 said:How are u doing PHOS...I remember reading POST from you....about the DAT and things of that nature.....How is the APPLICATION cycle going?? 😀
no interview invites yet ahmed, seems its gonna be a harsh cycle. I got a couple of phone calls from adcoms, after I had left them messages, from various schools saying that they are still considering the application, and I have a decent chance if I decide to take the DAT again in spring, and score their average atleast since my EC's and LORS were pretty decent, even tho my GPA sorta sucked. I don't know, we'll see what happens.
thanks for asking though...
phosphorylation said:no interview invites yet ahmed, seems its gonna be a harsh cycle. I got a couple of phone calls from adcoms, after I had left them messages, from various schools saying that they are still considering the application, and I have a decent chance if I decide to take the DAT again in spring, and score their average atleast since my EC's and LORS were pretty decent, even tho my GPA sorta sucked. I don't know, we'll see what happens.
thanks for asking though...
How is your DAT studying going? Do you feel like your making progress?
well, what i am doing now is that I'm studying each topic from kaplan out of its respective text book. Like the biology for example, I know everything in the kaplan book, but I look it up in the campbell biology book and study the whole topic from there too. Same with OC and GC, I hope this works out. But I'm actually getting the feeling that im knowing a little bit better, etc. I hope it goes well🙂
phosphorylation said:well, what i am doing now is that I'm studying each topic from kaplan out of its respective text book. Like the biology for example, I know everything in the kaplan book, but I look it up in the campbell biology book and study the whole topic from there too. Same with OC and GC, I hope this works out. But I'm actually getting the feeling that im knowing a little bit better, etc. I hope it goes well🙂
Sounds like you have a really good thing going! I'm glad to hear that you're making such great progress.
bouncy_ball said:Sounds like you have a really good thing going! I'm glad to hear that you're making such great progress.
thank you. If you don't mind, were are you at in this cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
phosphorylation said:thank you. If you don't mind, were are you at in this cycle?
you mean when i submitted my application? i submitted it in late june, i think. i took my first dat in may and my second in november. i've interviewed w/ one school and hope to be interviewed by a few more. 😉