Confused about my future =/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cakezyum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heyy guys !! Soo like currently my major is undeclared & i go to san jose state university. Im about to finish my first semester and i want to ask something.
Should I stay here 4 years and major in chem or biochem or is it better to stay here 2 years to finish the pre-req and then transfer to a pharm school like ucsd or ucsf ? :confused:
~thanks a bunch :D

Members don't see this ad.

Heyy guys !! Soo like currently my major is undeclared & i go to san jose state university. Im about to finish my first semester and i want to ask something.
Should I stay here 4 years and major in chem or biochem or is it better to stay here 2 years to finish the pre-req and then transfer to a pharm school like ucsd or ucsf ? :confused:

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Are you asking whether to get your major or go to pharmacy school early?

If that's the case, it was my impression that UCSF requires a degree in order to get into their pharmacy school.

If I were you, I would try to get all of my pre-reqs done, take the PCAT, and depending on how well your GPA is and your PCAT score, you could try to apply and see how you do. You still have a long way to go :)

Reactions: 1 user

The answer is not gonna change. It is still:

Neither. That's what pharmacy school is for. If you're thinking California schools, then it's almost impossible with just 2 years.

In response to:

hi guys !!! i just want to know which of these major is better for pharmacists ? currently im in san jose state university and is it possible to take 2 years here and transfer to a pharm school ? thanks a bunch :D

Now since you explicitly mention UCs, it is even more sure impossible with just two years. (Isn't it considered dropping out because CSUs are 4-year universities and likely don't award associates?) UCSD specifically requires a bachelors. UCSF doesn't, but only like 1 person without a BA/BS out of ~1500 total applicants is part of the last entering class.

I hear Biochem is one of hell of a class, especially with this one particular professor at SJSU. Good luck with that guy lol