confused about Pharm.d ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lool552

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi , I have some questions confused me about pharm.d degree , i hope some one clear these confusion :
1- what is pharm.d degree ?
2- should every pharmacist get pharm.d even if he don't want to work in clinical pharmacy field ex if i want to work in chain pharmacy or industrial , should i get pharm.d or bachelors of pharmacy ?
3- what is the difference btw bachelors of pharmacy and pharm.d ?
4 - what is the title of pharmacist (( is it doctor or not ))?

sorry about asking a lot ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi , I have some questions confused me about pharm.d degree , i hope some one clear these confusion :
1- what is pharm.d degree ?
2- should every pharmacist get pharm.d even if he don't want to work in clinical pharmacy field ex if i want to work in chain pharmacy or industrial , should i get pharm.d or bachelors of pharmacy ?
3- what is the difference btw bachelors of pharmacy and pharm.d ?
4 - what is the title of pharmacist (( is it doctor or not ))?

sorry about asking a lot ?

I will try to clear these confusions to you. There is no bachelors of pharmacy in US. maybe oter country yes but no here. so you must get pharmd? the difference not matters because one exests and the do nott. pharmacfists are not drs but we can call ourselves that if we want, just like professors or anyone else with a doctorate.

I hope helped?

I will try to clear these confusions to you. There is no bachelors of pharmacy in US. maybe oter country yes but no here. so you must get pharmd? the difference not matters because one exests and the do nott. pharmacfists are not drs but we can call ourselves that if we want, just like professors or anyone else with a doctorate.

I hope helped?

lol, rough dude

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, rough dude

Maybe that was a little mean of me. OP only wanted these confusion clear, I guess I didn't need to be an a** about it. At least I answered his questions about the difference btw pharmd and bachelors, so that should count for something. Besides it's nice to see questions that haven't been answered hundereds of times before that can be found faster by searching then the time it takes to post.

Sorry OP. I really do try to lay off the sarcasm but it's so hard. I at least try to be helpful, even if I am not exactly the nicest person while doing it.