Confused About Postbacc Program Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1170578

Hey everyone! Firstly, thank you for taking the time to even look at my post! Please forgive my ignorance in this.

After being rejected from a DO program in April, I decided to try to get into a Masters of Biomedical Sciences program. I just got the rejection letter for this program yesterday.

At this point, my only option seems to be post bacc programs.

I have been looking into online options because I work full time as a medical scribe and currently have a mortgage (among other bills) that requires me to work. I do understand that I will be unable to work while in medical school, but will cross that bridge when I get there.

My confusion lies in that most of the curriculums that I am seeing are consisted of classes that I have already completed while working on my bachelors degree (Gen Chem, Intro to Bio, A&P, etc.). It seems a bit pointless to retake these courses in order to stand out to medical schools.

Am I missing something? It seems like one would want to take upper level courses that one has not taken before.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.