Confused about Quantitave Section

Started by meddy15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

meddy15

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I am really confused to on what exactly is going to be on the math section on the PCAT. I am taking it in October and having hard time going over what's going to be on the test!!! Like is there any geometry at all on the test such as area of circle, circumference, volume calculations, etc. I have also seen a lot of questions about the trig functions but to what extent do we have to know the trig functions.

And about calculus, how in depth do we need to go for derivatives and integrals. Do we need to know the power rule, quotient rule, chain rule and like second, third, and so on derivatives???? Should I just know the basics or should I learn more, because there is a LOT about derivatives!!! I hope you guys can clear up my worries and people who recently took the PCAT can really give me an idea of what's on the math section and what I should really worry about it or what's the hardest part of math!!!
 
There is no geometry. For the best representation of math buy the Harcourt practice exam. Statistics is also on the exam (at least it was in August). Review your Calculus notes!!