Confused about Work/Activities Section of AMCAS

am0428

Jul 13, 2011
  1. Pre-Medical
    I am really confused about how they want us to list our work and activities. Right now, I have 9 slots filled, and I don't need anymore. I put each separate activity into one slot. Is this wrong? I shadowed 2 physicians, and I used 2 slots for this, listing each separately. Was I supposed to put "Shadowing Experience" and then list them in the description box? Or does it really matter?? I didn't see any rules about "grouping" these.

Also, do we have to write something in EVERY description box? I included in there that I babysat for the past few years for income, but I figured I wouldn't need to write in the description box. Is that wrong??

I am sending my AMCAS off on Friday and now I am worried I did this all wrong! Please help!!

phnerd1105

5+ Year Member
    Dec 18, 2010
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    1. Medical Student
      I am really confused about how they want us to list our work and activities. Right now, I have 9 slots filled, and I don't need anymore. I put each separate activity into one slot. Is this wrong? I shadowed 2 physicians, and I used 2 slots for this, listing each separately. Was I supposed to put "Shadowing Experience" and then list them in the description box? Or does it really matter?? I didn't see any rules about "grouping" these.

Also, do we have to write something in EVERY description box? I included in there that I babysat for the past few years for income, but I figured I wouldn't need to write in the description box. Is that wrong??

I am sending my AMCAS off on Friday and now I am worried I did this all wrong! Please help!!

Shadowing usually falls under "other" and is grouped into one category. Also, there's an AMCAS questions thread. You might find some more help in there.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.