Confused about Work/Activities Section of AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

am0428

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really confused about how they want us to list our work and activities. Right now, I have 9 slots filled, and I don't need anymore. I put each separate activity into one slot. Is this wrong? I shadowed 2 physicians, and I used 2 slots for this, listing each separately. Was I supposed to put "Shadowing Experience" and then list them in the description box? Or does it really matter?? I didn't see any rules about "grouping" these.

Also, do we have to write something in EVERY description box? I included in there that I babysat for the past few years for income, but I figured I wouldn't need to write in the description box. Is that wrong??

I am sending my AMCAS off on Friday and now I am worried I did this all wrong! Please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am really confused about how they want us to list our work and activities. Right now, I have 9 slots filled, and I don't need anymore. I put each separate activity into one slot. Is this wrong? I shadowed 2 physicians, and I used 2 slots for this, listing each separately. Was I supposed to put "Shadowing Experience" and then list them in the description box? Or does it really matter?? I didn't see any rules about "grouping" these.

Also, do we have to write something in EVERY description box? I included in there that I babysat for the past few years for income, but I figured I wouldn't need to write in the description box. Is that wrong??

I am sending my AMCAS off on Friday and now I am worried I did this all wrong! Please help!!

Shadowing usually falls under "other" and is grouped into one category. Also, there's an AMCAS questions thread. You might find some more help in there.