1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Confused after NOVA interview!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by ODgoddess, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ODgoddess

Pre-Optometry
    Hey guys,

I had my interview at NOVA last week and left the interview feeling very unsure. My interview was very short and none of the typical interview questions were asked.
    Has anyone had a similar experience at NOVA? Has anyone had an interview there and not been excepted or knows of anyone who has not been accepted after an interview?
    I'd really appreciate your feedback.....I'm really worried:confused:

2. vsarge0708

vsarge0708 Nova class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I had an interview early November--it went really well--and I have yet to be accepted. Throw me in the "pre-rejection" pile.

3. carizma12

2+ Year Member

Hey - I also thought my interview was very short! It was less than 20 miin (compared to my one hour interview at PCO)

I heard back about an acceptance 2 days later..

4. EuesRUs

EuesRUs EuesRUs
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    My interview was extremely short as well...I didn't feel like they gave me a chance to show them who I am. My interview was towards the end of February and they put my application on hold. I'm still waiting for an answer from them...Goodluck!

5. yvipine

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    hey, my interview when i went to NOVA back in November was roughly about 15 minutes. That's pretty short, but i still got accepted. so keep your hopes up! =)

6. OP
    OP
    ODgoddess

Pre-Optometry

I feel the same way. I felt like they didn't give me a chance to show how much I really want to be an OD or why I chose their school. I'm glad to hear mine wasn't the only short interview.
    EuesRUs-how come they put you on hold? Did they give you a reason?

7. EuesRUs

EuesRUs EuesRUs
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Not really. They told me to send over a recent transcipt because the one they had didn't have my grades from last semester. I'm guessing my GPA wasn't up to par and they wanted to see how I performed last semester. :confused:

8. carizma12

2+ Year Member

euesRus - my fall transcript arrived at NOVA like 2 days before my interview.. that's prob why I heard back from them - otherwise i could have been put on hold too.. they probably just want to see how we performed last semester. no worries - I have a good feeling!:rolleyes:

did they say the commitee would be getting together next tuesday?

9. EyeQ

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    yeah, the committee will meet next tuesday. my interview is the 15th so does that mean i'll get my results by wednesday?

im leaving for Fl in 8 hrs. all i need now is a MIRACLE!

10. daleyes10

daleyes10 Nova c/o 2011!

Pre-Optometry
    Hi!

I interviewed at NOVA, and it lasted actually pretty long. The next day the committee met, so I got my acceptance that very next day.

I think the interview went very well. It was very much like a conversation. You just need to fit your answer into the conversation as to why you want to be an optometrist. That is the best advice I can give!

11. carizma12

2+ Year Member

I got my answer the DAY they met!