Confused need some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

landakerjenna

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

This is the result I got from my test I took in

August

Scaled Score Percentile
Verbal: 399 50
Biology 419 78
Reading Comprehension 387 30
Quantitative ability 406 64
Chemistry 458 98
Composite 414 76

October

Scaled Score Percentile
Verbal: 404 58
Biology 415 74
Reading Comprehension 380 21
Quantitative ability 422 83
Chemistry 422 82
Composite 409 68

I am really unhappy with my scores.. I don’t know what to do L
I have a GPA of 3.6
I am done with my pre req classes.. Should I wait to apply next year?
The school I want to go to their deadline is FEB 1st and if I take PCAT in Jan how will they receive my scores on time??

Please give me some advice I am really stressed out.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to check with the schools you are applying at if they will take the january results b/c schools vary about that. If money isn't an issue, you should try applying to the schools that you think you might have a shot at getting in at

I need some advice ppl plzz reply.

This explains why your verbal scores were so low.

Seriously- practice, practice, practice writing completely and correctly, at every possible opportunity. Someone with low 'word' scores like yours shouldn't be wasting time with jargon, shorthand or slang. Just like athletics, the way you play in practice is the way you'll play in the big game, so use every possible opportunity to write in full, complete, understandable sentences.

If English is not your first language, you have double the reason to write properly. Everything else is in the acceptable range, especially that chemistry score (you blew that part away, good job!). Work on the verbal and reading comp. If you haven't already taken English Composition, take it in the spring. If you've already taken English comp, take another writing course. Take Speech. Take Technical Writing.

You're not out of range. With a few improvements to your writing, you could probably bring both those scores into the 60-ish range.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
:) Hi, first, and I think I'm stating the obvious....you did worse in october??? I'd have to know which school you were applying to, but chances are you can't control deadlines. Deadlines are deadlines. Unless you have some connection to the office of admissions, you have to stick to your timetable. How important is this school? Is it the world? Pharmacy means more to me than just the name of the school. Perhaps you should take a look other schools with later deadlines. (there are a few but I can't name them off hand). If that's not possible and you can't absolutely compromise, I suggest the last absolute possibility that you won't be able to push your application through this year.

The hardest tragedy here is that the window is so small, you MIGHT make your deadline (again, I don't even know what day it is....) and a school MIGHT take it into consideration. Even so, there are so many reports of PCAT scores meaning nothing to some schools (30's composite for one school) that this might even be a factor in your case if the rest of your application is amazing.

Sorry if this is very generalized but your prompt was not very thought out other than piecing together your scores. I sincerely wish you the best though. :luck:

Ok, so I have a friend, who got a 3.2 GPA, a 75 Pcat score and got into UF's Pharm school. However, most people may forget this, but gpa and PCAT scores are not everything. Your extracurricular activites are gonna really help if you have any. However, like stated earlier, if money is no issue, I say take the PCAT again, if and only if they if they do take the PCATs after January. Research and Find out. :) Good luck