Confused on DO application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalle001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard DOs do grade replacement.

Do they see the original grade? I got a D in a chem 1 lecture the first time I took it freshman year. I retook it the following semester and received a B. Will DO schools see this original grade?

Also I read on another forum that DOs don't include math in the sgpa is this true?

Also, I'm currently fighting with an accelerated school I went to for a short period of time(3 weeks). I was supposed to receive a WD and they gave me Fs on my A&P course instead(despite leaving before the withdraw date and not having to pay for the course). I am about to take A&P at my current school. Will this new A&P grade replace those Fs for DO application as well?(wanting to know incase I don't win this battle)

So my cgpa is a 3.58 with the D and 3 Fs(they also gave me a F for freshman orientation which I didn't include in the last paragraph).

With the A&P Fs(2) and the D replaced I have 3.69 cgpa

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, they see the original grade but it doesn't matter. Also, it is correct that math doesn't count for sgpa.

As far as replacing stuff from another school, make sure the credit hours of the new class are at least the same number as the ones you hit the D or F in. Make sure the course title and stuff is pretty similar as well.

Yes, they see the original grade but it doesn't matter. Also, it is correct that math doesn't count for sgpa.

As far as replacing stuff from another school, make sure the credit hours of the new class are at least the same number as the ones you hit the D or F in. Make sure the course title and stuff is pretty similar as well.

Thank you! Do you think it'll be a long shot to get in when you're just looking at it from a grade perspective? (Most of my other grades are A then a few Bs)

Also the A&P one that I'm trying to get changed is slightly different. The lecture is worth 3 credits and the Lab is 1 but at my new school it shows lecture 4 credits and lab 0 credits. Do you think this will be an issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes.

Do they see the original grade?

Yes. And don't sweat it.
I got a D in a chem 1 lecture the first time I took it freshman year. I retook it the following semester and received a B. Will DO schools see this original grade?

Honestly, I can't remember!
Also I read on another forum that DOs don't include math in the sgpa is this true?

Yes.
Also, I'm currently fighting with an accelerated school I went to for a short period of time(3 weeks). I was supposed to receive a WD and they gave me Fs on my A&P course instead(despite leaving before the withdraw date and not having to pay for the course). I am about to take A&P at my current school. Will this new A&P grade replace those Fs for DO application as well?(wanting to know incase I don't win this battle)

Even witht he D and F you're competitive!
So my cgpa is a 3.58 with the D and 3 Fs(they also gave me a F for freshman orientation which I didn't include in the last paragraph).

With the A&P Fs(2) and the D replaced I have 3.69 cgpa.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes.

Do they see the original grade?

Yes. And don't sweat it.
I got a D in a chem 1 lecture the first time I took it freshman year. I retook it the following semester and received a B. Will DO schools see this original grade?

Honestly, I can't remember!

Yes.

Even witht he D and F you're competitive!

With the A&P Fs(2) and the D replaced I have 3.69 cgpa.

Thank you! I think I'm under the wrong impression of what's competitive lol. I figured 3.7/3.8 min would be competitive. This incorrect?

Thank you! I think I'm under the wrong impression of what's competitive lol. I figured 3.7/3.8 min would be competitive. This incorrect?
I don't think it will be an issue for the A&P as long as it's 4 hours total. Also, for DO applications to be competitive at the more established schools, a GPA of 3.4/3.5 with a solid MCAT will get you there.

For most DO schools, 3.3-3.4 will be competitive. 3.2 is the floor at most schools, 3.0 for the newest ones.

For MD schools 3.4 would be the floor, and 3.5 still competitive; 3.6 better yet. The median GPA or MD schools is 3.7...so there's plenty of wiggle room.

I don't think it will be an issue for the A&P as long as it's 4 hours total. Also, for DO applications to be competitive at the more established schools, a GPA of 3.4/3.5 with a solid MCAT will get you there.
For most DO schools, 3.3-3.4 will be competitive. 3.2 is the floor at most schools, 3.0 for the newest ones.

For MD schools 3.4 would be the floor, and 3.5 still competitive; 3.6 better yet. The median GPA or MD schools is 3.7...so there's plenty of wiggle room.

Thank you both!! After finding out yesterday they gave me the Fs I thought my chances were pretty much ruined. Great news to hear so thank you again!

Reactions: 1 user