Confused on how secondaries work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djtiesto14

The One & Only, DJ Tiesto!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My app was mailed last week. I have been getting emails saying we have your app and want you to fill out a secondary and pay the fee. Please send us all your LOR's and DAT scores. I am taking the DAT in 2 weeks.

So my question is: Does the portal on AADSAS tell me that I received a secondary or does a school tell me directly? How do I know where I am along in the cycle for each school?
Do I fax the school my DAT scores the next morning I finish my exam?

Members don't see this ad.

My app was mailed last week. I have been getting emails saying we have your app and want you to fill out a secondary and pay the fee. Please send us all your LOR's and DAT scores. I am taking the DAT in 2 weeks.

So my question is: Does the portal on AADSAS tell me that I received a secondary or does a school tell me directly? How do I know where I am along in the cycle for each school?
Do I fax the school my DAT scores the next morning I finish my exam?

So first you send your aadsas app. Some schools tell you to send in your secondary application as soon as your done with your aadsas. If you go to you aadsas account and go down the application checklist you'll see a section that says dental school designations, its right under the "release statement" section. Once you click on that you'll see a list of all your schools. One of the sections say "supplemental information". For each school it will tell you if the school wants you to send your secondaries immediately or wait until they tell you to do so through email. For the ones that want the secondaries immediately, there secondaries are probably downloadable off their website. Some fees you can pay online, but most are still through check/money order. As far as the DAT, you've stated on the aadsas app the date you were going to take it so your app is still incomplete. Once you take your DAT call or email each school and see if you can fax or email a copy of your scores, because its still going to take at least two weeks for it to upload to aadsas. To know where you are in the process you pretty much have to rely on their emails; some schools of portals you can check once you finish their secondaries.

Good luck.