Confused when looking at AAMC Data

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied in the 2017-2018 cycle and was completely unsuccessful. When looking at my application objectively, my grades/scores were either above or in-line with applicant/matriculant numbers fir African Americans. I’m not bitter about not getting in but I’m just confused. I could pursue a masters in my home state and retake the MCAT but I have a nagging thought that it will not matter.

I’m due to start getting application feedback soon but I just don’t how to proceed.

Members don't see this ad.

You're a lost cause brah. You need to skip this upcoming cycle to improve your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're a lost cause brah. You need to skip this upcoming cycle to improve your app.

Talked to an incredibly reliable source and most of the advice I’ve gotten here concerning improvement is TERRIBLE. I’m not going to reapply now but I know where I’m headed.

I’m probably not going to post here anymore.

What are your stats? Retaking the Mcat and scoring better will make a world of difference. Don’t be so pessimistic

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What are your stats? Retaking the Mcat and scoring better will make a world of difference. Don’t be so pessimistic

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The person I spoke to highly suggested an SMP and retake- the advice about going back and taking more undergrad courses/second bachelors was what I was addressing.

Things are working out for me. While many of you are condescending know-it-alls, I thank those who’ve helped me.

Reactions: 1 user