dentalmike

2+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey everyone, so I just completed and submitted my fafsa today after seeing that tonight is a priority deadline? I was unsure of what this means because I didn't know that students in dental school still receive grants etc? I thought that the only financial aid we get in dental school through fafsa is the student loans so I wasn't sure if I applied to late now for the loans?

0Mik3cho

Dentgineer
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
Laniakea Supercluster
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everyone, so I just completed and submitted my fafsa today after seeing that tonight is a priority deadline? I was unsure of what this means because I didn't know that students in dental school still receive grants etc? I thought that the only financial aid we get in dental school through fafsa is the student loans so I wasn't sure if I applied to late now for the loans?
The FAFSA is only for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans and the Grad PLUS loans. There are no grants for dental students from the government. Your schools might also offer need-based and merit-based grants and scholarships. Need-based aid doled out by the school are subject to whatever guidelines the school sets forth so check with them. Applying for need-based aid might require that you submit parental financial information in FAFSA as well as supplemental information in the College Board's CSS Profile (if your school participates in this).

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.