Confused with fafsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmike

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I just completed and submitted my fafsa today after seeing that tonight is a priority deadline? I was unsure of what this means because I didn't know that students in dental school still receive grants etc? I thought that the only financial aid we get in dental school through fafsa is the student loans so I wasn't sure if I applied to late now for the loans?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, so I just completed and submitted my fafsa today after seeing that tonight is a priority deadline? I was unsure of what this means because I didn't know that students in dental school still receive grants etc? I thought that the only financial aid we get in dental school through fafsa is the student loans so I wasn't sure if I applied to late now for the loans?
The FAFSA is only for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans and the Grad PLUS loans. There are no grants for dental students from the government. Your schools might also offer need-based and merit-based grants and scholarships. Need-based aid doled out by the school are subject to whatever guidelines the school sets forth so check with them. Applying for need-based aid might require that you submit parental financial information in FAFSA as well as supplemental information in the College Board's CSS Profile (if your school participates in this).

Reactions: 1 user