confused...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elz787

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why everyone suggests NYU for people with low gpa's or claim it should be easier to get in. I've checked the requirements and it says consideration will be given to students with a gpa of 3.5 or above. Now i think thats a decent gpa. ..............???

Members don't see this ad.

elz787 said:
I was wondering why everyone suggests NYU for people with low gpa's or claim it should be easier to get in. I've checked the requirements and it says consideration will be given to students with a gpa of 3.5 or above. Now i think thats a decent gpa. ..............???

That's for applicants who aren't getting a degree, and applying with 60 credits.

elz787 said:

When I called them on the phone, the admission advisor told me their cut off point is at 18 on all DAT sections and 3.5 or above GPA to be considered for their program. I got accepted with 15 on QR and 3.30 sci gpa. This tells me that NYU's demand is higher than student's "supply" (world economy class). So, the equilibrium shifts towards the students :D Therefore, the students with lower stats make up the majority of NYU's class.

Hope that helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
DDS2BE said:
When I called them on the phone, the admission advisor told me their cut off point is at 18 on all DAT sections and 3.5 or above GPA to be considered for their program. I got accepted with 15 on QR and 3.30 sci gpa. This tells me that NYU's demand is higher than student's "supply" (world economy class). So, the equilibrium shifts towards the students :D Therefore, the students with lower stats make up the majority of NYU's class.

Hope that helps :)

excellent usage of the supply and demand curve! gotta love economics... :D

thanks guys, i'll be taking the dat this august, should i be studying right now? i'm taking the kaplan course so hopefully that will help.