Confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaq786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got my GPA calculated and I have a series of questions:

1. Does pharmcas use my MAILED transcripts to calculate my GPA? Or does it use the grades that I inputed into pharmcas?

2. The reason I ask question #2 is becuase it seems pharmcas calculated my GPA, but when I click STATUS~~>TRANSCRIPTS, it says that they NEVER recieved my SUMMER 2006 transcripts, yet they used those summer grades in my GPA calculation. They did recieve my previous semester transcripts though. So did pharmcas really recieve my transcripts for SUMMER 2006, but did not make a note of it?

Members don't see this ad.

So I got my GPA calculated and I have a series of questions:

1. Does pharmcas use my MAILED transcripts to calculate my GPA? Or does it use the grades that I inputed into pharmcas?

2. The reason I ask question #2 is becuase it seems pharmcas calculated my GPA, but when I click STATUS~~>TRANSCRIPTS, it says that they NEVER recieved my SUMMER 2006 transcripts, yet they used those summer grades in my GPA calculation. They did recieve my previous semester transcripts though. So did pharmcas really recieve my transcripts for SUMMER 2006, but did not make a note of it?

They use the grades from your mailed transcripts.

Whether summer grades are included or not is hard to say. PharmCAS received two copies of one of my transcripts (school error) and PharmCAS shows "transcripts received" for that school 2x. Does it indicate on your transcript status that multiple transcripts were received from the same school? If not, maybe they don't. You could always call and ask.