Confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whattodonow2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For any Canadians in DO Schools, what do you think of the prospects about returning home? Do international students have a chance at landing DO residencies or are program directors not inclined to having to deal with visa issues? Have any Canadians matched back in Canada? DO residencies? ACGME approved residencies?

Members don't see this ad.

For any Canadians in DO Schools, what do you think of the prospects about returning home? Do international students have a chance at landing DO residencies or are program directors not inclined to having to deal with visa issues? Have any Canadians matched back in Canada? DO residencies? ACGME approved residencies?

I'm too lazy to do a search right now, but I believe that all but one Canadian province will allow American DO graduates to have full practice rights. I know Canada has a primary care physician shortage as well, so I would think that you may have a better chance of getting back into Canada if you chose one of the primary care fields.

Beyond that, I don't have a clue, so someone please chime in.