Confusing situation…can I go ahead with this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluepeach9

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was originally planning to graduate this fall 2015 and be done with undergrad so that I can move on to other things. But it looks like I will have one or two classes left over that my advisor says I can finish during the winter semester at another college.

However, winter classes are counted in the spring semester, so while technically, I would be done, I wouldn't get my diploma until spring 2016. So, although I won't have to be in school, I would still be listed as part-time for having taken those winter classes in Dec-Jan before the actual spring term started.

I was thinking of going ahead with the winter classes and just working/traveling during the spring term (even though I technically will not have graduated yet).

Would this be a bad idea? Would adcoms care at all? If this doesn't make sense, I'd be happy to clarify :) Btw, I am planning to apply for 2017 matriculation in spring 2016.

Members don't see this ad.

So your graduation date will say something like Spring 2016, even though you will be physically done with classes by Jan 2016?
It seems fine to me. Just be sure to keep up some activities that will be useful on your app, but you said you're working so it sounds like you are. I don't see it being a problem at all.

So your graduation date will say something like Spring 2016, even though you will be physically done with classes by Jan 2016?
It seems fine to me. Just be sure to keep up some activities that will be useful on your app, but you said you're working so it sounds like you are. I don't see it being a problem at all.

Wont matter at all

Yes, exactly. So med schools won't wonder why I have a part-time status (6 credits) on my transcript for the spring & how I completed those courses while being away at a different place instead of at university? Should I maybe explain the situation on my primary or secondaries?

Yes, exactly. So med schools won't wonder why I have a part-time status (6 credits) on my transcript for the spring & how I completed those courses while being away at a different place instead of at university? Should I maybe explain the situation on my primary or secondaries?

There are plenty of opportunities on primaries and secondaries to explain odd academic trends.