Confusion Regarding a Question on Einstein Secondary Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kryptonian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a few wording confusions on Einstein secondary that I hope the recent applicants can help clarify them to me. I apologize if this thread is lame. I already asked this in the school-specific thread in pre-allo forum but I received no answers. I decided to post the question here, thinking I may receive more answers from the recent and current MSTP applicants to the school.

So, on page#1, they ask: "Have you had any clinical research experience?" Does this question refer to the type of clinical research in which investigators work directly with human subjects, as in a clinical trial ? Or does it generally refer to a clinically-relevant research experience, which can include laboratory bench research ? I have been confused with the wording because the list of "areas in which you have research experience" on page #2, which is available only if I answer yes to the aforementioned question, seems to refer to general research experience, not the type of clinical research working with human subjects.

tl;dr version: Does the question "Have you had any clinical research experience?" on page#1 of Einstein secondary app refer to a clinically-relevant research experience in general or an actual clinical research ?

Thank you very much !

Members don't see this ad.

tl;dr version: Does the question "Have you had any clinical research experience?" on page#1 of Einstein secondary app refer to a clinically-relevant research experience in general or an actual clinical research ?

I'd assume they're talking about actual hands-on with patients clinical research, as opposed to clinically-relevant bench research (which most MSTP applicants have).

I'd assume they're talking about actual hands-on with patients clinical research, as opposed to clinically-relevant bench research (which most MSTP applicants have).

Thank you for the reply :)

Call them and ask. It would suck if you answer the wrong way.