1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

congrats to written boards takers this week!!

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by Surfer, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Surfer

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congratulations to those of you who took the written boards today and yesterday! What were your thoughts?

Does anybody have published data showing the passage rates for this test? I know people do fail, but it seems like odds are in your favor.

Go Celebrate!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sevoflurane

15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Time to chill out peeps. Most of you will be entering your first PP/academic gig.

NICE! :thumbup:

Most of you will pass the first time around. I don't remember what the pass rate is... but I believe it to be higher than the orals (which is around 80 some percent... if I remember right).

I was part of the group who first started taking them infront of a computer. I thought the test was extremely fair.... and the test was MUCH shorter than previous years. I was outta there at 12:30ish.

I concur.

Go celebrate this victory...

Attending style!

4. epidural man

epidural man ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I hate the worst f$%ing headache after I was done - took all day. It's probably nice on the comp.

5. isoflurane

5+ Year Member

First section was a beast and took me to school. Second section much more doable. I do not feel very confident and felt like I may be taking this thing again. I always did well enough to "pass" on the ITE but just do not have a clue with this thing.

6. cb3221

cb3221 New Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Iso, I felt the exact opposite. During the 20 min break time I was thinking to myself "Im killing this exam!". Went back in and thought i was taking a whole different test. I wonder if q bank is scrambled up or is it just like the ite only on computer. I got fatigued after long blank stares at the screen that second half.

7. Mac4

Mac4 ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My first block was Ok but the second block was full of pharm/CCM questions. I must have flagged 20 of these and did not feel that great afterwards.

8. Venus21pam

Venus21pam Freakin' peachy
    5+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Ditto!
    I finished first half with an hour left and got schooled on the second one.
    Oh well, what's done is done! Now we wait...