Congratulations! You have matched...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gingerlae

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
STANFORD

My number 1. I was so thrilled.

Congratulations to everyone this match season. I hope you were all as happy as I am now.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all. Enjoy these last few months of med school, and get ready to work hard come July. No matter where you matched, your goal for the next 3 to 4 years is the same. Learn how to be a solid diagnostician, because that's the product we pathologists sell, whether you end up doing community pathology at a 200 bed hospital, a subspecialty at an academic center, or one of the niche subspecialties like molecular, forensic, or even blood banking. Pathologists diagnose. Try and keep that in the back of your mind as a guiding principal during your training.

STANFORD

Congratulations to everyone this match season. I hope you were all as happy as I am now.

Fantastic. Get ready for an amazing time in your life

Members don't see this ad :)
STANFORD

Congratulations! I matched to one of my top choices (another was number 1 for more practical reasons, but I honestly think the one I matched to is the better choice for me), so I'm very happy! Good luck to you in residency!

I also matched at my number 1 and I'm ecstatic. My husband and I can't wait to move and start the next chapter in our life!

Drink heavily until July 1st.

Start reading the moment you step into residency and don't get bogged down in political/drama situations at the program and you will shine.

Probably wouldn't hurt now to start doing research in dermpath if thats what you want because all the ganders like to see that.

Drink heavily until July 1st.

Start reading the moment you step into residency and don't get bogged down in political/drama situations at the program and you will shine.

Probably wouldn't hurt now to start doing research in dermpath if thats what you want because all the ganders like to see that.

This is very good advice. Once you have politely established to attending staff and your resident colleagues that you don't want to engage in politics/gossip, they will stop trying. In hindsight, any politics/gossip that I engaged in was at best a waste of time.

Congratulations and great luck to everyone! I thought I'd chime in and give a few folks out there a little hope. If you don't remember from previous posts of mine this year, I re-matched after leaving pediatrics. Monday came and I didn't initially match, but I got a ton of scramble attention and got a spot at Oklahoma. I felt like I won the game at the buzzer...almost as big a high as matching #1 for you 4th years out there.

Since this is my second time as a "resident-elect" planning a move and trying to feel prepared, I thought I'd add to some of the advice being thrown out there. I agree with everyone who says some variation of "enjoy this time immensely." Graduation from medical school is probably one of the first graduations of your life that really feels like an END. Sign your name with an MD after it on your grandma's program, on a cocktail napkin, on a classmate if you're that person. Don't worry about being prepared because you won't be, but throw yourself into it the second you get there. The next three months are "Paperwork-fest" and you can establish a great rep by turning things in at a reasonable time...because residency is full of administrative things and paperwork that seems pointless. Way more so than I expected, certainly.