-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties
- Otolaryngology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Congratulations
Started by DrBodacious
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The sad thing about the boards is that I am eligible next year to take them again...
I am glad both parts were over an extended weekend when I took them instead of of spaced out by months.
For those taking them now - I did notice that ABOTO has a good video that goes over what is expected in the orals now:
http://www.aboto.org/exam_videos.html
For those taking them now - I did notice that ABOTO has a good video that goes over what is expected in the orals now:
http://www.aboto.org/exam_videos.html
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am glad both parts were over an extended weekend when I took them instead of of spaced out by months.
Highly stressful, but I'm glad it was that way for me as well.
That video is hilarious.
Spaced out makes sense in some ways. Preparing for a written test is quite different than preparing for an oral exam. Plus it prevents those who fail the written from wasting time on the oral. I'm sure it helps keep the cost of the oral boards down. No need for extra oral examiners for unnecessary testing.
Spaced out makes sense in some ways. Preparing for a written test is quite different than preparing for an oral exam. Plus it prevents those who fail the written from wasting time on the oral. I'm sure it helps keep the cost of the oral boards down. No need for extra oral examiners for unnecessary testing.
Oh good, so I am paying less for boards, then? :rolleyes
Yeah, less stressful but I would like to get this board certification over and done with. And, I am not sure how much time to take in the Spring for oral boards prep.
Yeah, less stressful but I would like to get this board certification over and done with. And, I am not sure how much time to take in the Spring for oral boards prep.
Well in theory it would be cheaper. But we both know it's still crazy expensive.
It's nice when it's all done. I took about 6 weeks for written and 4 weeks for oral. But my oral board prep was much less intense. You will know a lot because you had written boards a few months earlier and just finished residency. Most of my oral board prep was refreshing things that slip with time.
It's nice when it's all done. I took about 6 weeks for written and 4 weeks for oral. But my oral board prep was much less intense. You will know a lot because you had written boards a few months earlier and just finished residency. Most of my oral board prep was refreshing things that slip with time.
What materials did you guys use for Oral Boards? Got through the written, now getting nervous about the orals!!
What materials did you guys use for Oral Boards? Got through the written, now getting nervous about the orals!!
This: http://www.amazon.com/Otolaryngology-Clinical-Case-Studies-Review/dp/189001852X
Agree with above. Plus refresh things you might forget like staging.
Thanks!!