Connections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrf1337

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am considering Ross University and I was hoping that maybe this post will be read by a Ross graduate in residency. I have an uncle who is a prominent physician...1) will that help me getting a "special" appointment, and 2) how do I ask him for this help?

Members don't see this ad.

mrf1337 said:
Hi,
I am considering Ross University and I was hoping that maybe this post will be read by a Ross graduate in residency. I have an uncle who is a prominent physician...1) will that help me getting a "special" appointment, and 2) how do I ask him for this help?

You mean "special" appointment as in for admissions to Ross or residency?

If you mean by admissions, sure why not. If his name is well known and he writes a stellar letter for you, it might catch their eyes.

If you mean by residency, it all depends on his connections and your scores.

mrf1337 said:
Hi,

Ive seen several "sons and daughters of" trying to get preferential treatment. In one case a kid managed to trasnfver from my school to where he dad is - note she had to go abroad first as he scores weren't good enough, but ive not doubt dad helped her tranfer. In every other case I have not seen this help a student at all get a residency (in radonc at least). What i do see is letters of recommendation that excellent students get on their own in clincals from prominent folks. This holds weight.

The reason is simply that a residency program is a groupd of people who 1) have to work with you for a few years and 2) who want to be proud to have you as a graduate. So you have to prove yourself generally.

Sure ask your uncle for a letter. But do your best to earn accolades. In less competitive fields this may hold more water. Good luck.