connections..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
would you consider a program that was decent, but not great if it had awesome connections and could probably get you a badass fellowship? say your goal is community practice...

Members don't see this ad.

ddx said:
would you consider a program that was decent, but not great if it had awesome connections and could probably get you a badass fellowship? say your goal is community practice...

connections are absolutely important; you just have to make sure as much as possible that your connection isn't gonna be leaving during your residency. you definitely want people in your corner who would go to bat for you and make those phone calls on your behalf.

Hmm, of what program(s) do you speak? I think we have some overlap. PM me and we'll talk.

I think connections are worth it if you will be reasonably happy there for 4 years. If you don't really care for the program and are just there for the connection, it would be a miserably long road.