Consider this scenario

Started by ry_guy_chi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ry_guy_chi

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was thinking about this scenario the other day…


Lets say you get accepted to SCHOOL X a month earlier than you interview for SCHOOLS Y & Z (and you prefer to go to Y or Z).

A month goes by and you get an interview at SCHOOL Y or Z, and lets say that you are waiting to here from the aforementioned schools.

A few more months go by and you learn that you are not accepted to SCHOOL Y or Z.

How long will your acceptance be honored at SCHOOL X in the event that you don't get accepted to SCHOOL Y or Z?
 
After December 1st you're usually given no more than 30-45 days to put down the first deposit. If you don't do this then you lose your spot.
 
As long as you put down any necessary deposits at school X your acceptance won't be revoked.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is common and mildly annoying. For instance, I was accepted to LECOM on Dec 1 and my deposit was due January 3rd or whatever. I was still waiting to hear back from UNE and MWU-AZ. However, because of the holidays, there were multiple weeks were admission offices were closed so I didn't hear back. I took a gamble and didn't pay my deposit at LECOM. Sure enough, I got accepted to MWU AZ on like January 4th (and later UNE). Thankfully I didn't send it because I would have lost $3000, but I gambled my only acceptance at the time.
 
This is common and mildly annoying. For instance, I was accepted to LECOM on Dec 1 and my deposit was due January 3rd or whatever. I was still waiting to hear back from UNE and MWU-AZ. However, because of the holidays, there were multiple weeks were admission offices were closed so I didn't hear back. I took a gamble and didn't pay my deposit at LECOM. Sure enough, I got accepted to MWU AZ on like January 4th (and later UNE). Thankfully I didn't send it because I would have lost $3000, but I gambled my only acceptance at the time.
Dude, you got some b@!!$