johnsmith416
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone.
I am finishing up a PhD in clinical pharmacology from a top 3 research institution in the world with a world renowned PI. I am very strongly considering a medical degree following this as I have learned that, while I love the science of clinical pharmacology, oncology clinical pharmacology and drug development, I don't like being behind the scenes. Having that abstract work become real through patient contact is necessary. My goal long term would be to run early phase trials.
These are my stats:
Graduated from undergrad around 8 years ago. ugGPA: 3.54 terrible first year GPA at 3.3, great second year GPA at 3.9, and then junior and senior year both hovered in the 3.5-3.6 range.
All my grad school classes were P/F and there were no failures.
Research: 3 first author research papers, 1 first author review, around 10 middle author papers, multiple national and international conference presentations and posters.
Clinical experience: around 1000h volunteering in an adult oncology clinic at the research hospital connected to my institution.
Other volunteering: around 150-200 hours across various endeavors over multiple years. Mostly volunteering at a soup kitchen during undergrad and an english learning institute for refugees in my city.
MCAT: 523
What do you guys think?
I am finishing up a PhD in clinical pharmacology from a top 3 research institution in the world with a world renowned PI. I am very strongly considering a medical degree following this as I have learned that, while I love the science of clinical pharmacology, oncology clinical pharmacology and drug development, I don't like being behind the scenes. Having that abstract work become real through patient contact is necessary. My goal long term would be to run early phase trials.
These are my stats:
Graduated from undergrad around 8 years ago. ugGPA: 3.54 terrible first year GPA at 3.3, great second year GPA at 3.9, and then junior and senior year both hovered in the 3.5-3.6 range.
All my grad school classes were P/F and there were no failures.
Research: 3 first author research papers, 1 first author review, around 10 middle author papers, multiple national and international conference presentations and posters.
Clinical experience: around 1000h volunteering in an adult oncology clinic at the research hospital connected to my institution.
Other volunteering: around 150-200 hours across various endeavors over multiple years. Mostly volunteering at a soup kitchen during undergrad and an english learning institute for refugees in my city.
MCAT: 523
What do you guys think?
Last edited: