Considering pharmacy

Started by JayEmH
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JayEmH

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The school I plan on applying to has a pre pharmacy program, but it requires the student to declare a major and advises students to complete a 4 year bachelor's degree. It also mentions that the student is encouraged to pick a major of greatest interest to them. I have been looking into a bachelor of science in biology, but I'm worried that if I don't get into pharmacy school there might not been many options career wise. If I got a degree in business or computer science would it have an affect whether I got accepted into pharmacy school or not?
 
You should really read the forum and run a search before asking a question. This one has been asked one million times.
images

But to answer your question: A pharmacy school will not look down on you for not having a nonscience degree. It may actually help you to stand out. However, pharmacy pre-reqs are pretty extensive. That is why many choose a science major so that at least a portion of the pre-reqs will be required classes for their major; a business major doesn't have to many if any pre-reqs in the major so this could possibly mean a year longer of school in some cases.

Hope that answers your question.👍