considering second app cycle vs vet prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topanga_231

Reaction score
first time app, older non trad student. wondering if I have a good chance based on the changes I have below, or if my best chance is to accept for vet prep (was given a few days to decide and am still waiting to hear back from 2)

Looking for feedback on whether I have a chance @ schools listed given changes outlined below or if I should accept vet prep, as well as looking for additional suggestions for schools to look into applying to / or how to improve my application. thank you!

GPA: overall 3.3 (up from 2.8 at commencement of undergrad degree many years ago)
science 3.4 (and going up)
last 45: 3.3

experience: 10000+ SA GP- unlicensed tech under veterinarian
4000+ shelter manager, DVM off site
100 - volunteering in community w kids dealing with loss
100- research
Casper:3rd quartile
GRE: not taken

applied: LMU,USYD,UPEI, UPENN,Tufts, LIU, WSU, OSU, U of A., U of IL,tOSU, Iowa, RossUCVM, VMCVM, KSU
waiting on: LMU (interviewed in August), Iowa
accepted: vet prep at Ross, interview waitlist at KSU, waitlist at Sydney

2029 application: LMU,KSU,U of A, Iowa, Western U, Midwestern, UPenn, VMCVM, Michigan State

would add: equine experience, 100 hours
wildlife rehab experience under DVM supervision, 100 hours
more research
- community based volunteering, actual role pending- suggested from app review

academic plan: higher level biology classes to raise science and last 45 gpa, retake chem 2 (I had a C). retake in person labs needed to apply to Western U.

My personal statement was not as effective as I hoped at answering the prompt so I will rework and get more feedback from more people. Will take all feedback from file reviews and change what is recommended. I would consider a masters, but I think that taking more science classes to raise GPA would be more effective.

thank you!

applied to: Sydney,

Members don't see this ad.