Consistent DAT practice, Am I ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDBoll79

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
After taking 4 of 5 DAT Bootcamp Full Length Practice exams this week am am wondering if I am ready to take the DAT in 4 days. I will take one more DAT Bootcamp Full Length DAT then a couple past DAT exams.
Here are the ranges from the DAT Bootcamp exams.
BIO 20-26
GC 18-28
OC 17-20
RC 17-20
QR 14-15
PAT 17-17
AA 18 on all four practice exams

I really want at least a 20 so am a little worried about the final few days of prep!

Members don't see this ad.

If it was me I would take the 2009 exam before it is too late to reschedule. Mainly because it is suppose to be representative of what you would get right at the moment (even though the test is a bit weird in my opinion). With most of your scores being average to above average I would really focus on your weakest points for these last few days. Your Bio score is stellar, which is great, because that is the hardest to get a high score in due to it being so broad. If you don't feel like you can make at least an 18 I would say postpone it, because it is better to apply later with a better DAT, than a week or 2 earlier with a score that isn't as high. (I haven't taken mine yet, but I am this next Thursday. I can relate to your situation).

i think you should use the last 4 days to study ochem, math, PAT. Go over the BC tests for all of those, for PAT i would recommend doing all 150 problems for each section that BC provides. I think focusing on those will be able to bring ur AA up since those are your weakest. And def take 2009, I don't think the math section is a good representation though.

After taking 4 of 5 DAT Bootcamp Full Length Practice exams this week am am wondering if I am ready to take the DAT in 4 days. I will take one more DAT Bootcamp Full Length DAT then a couple past DAT exams.
Here are the ranges from the DAT Bootcamp exams.
BIO 20-26
GC 18-28
OC 17-20
RC 17-20
QR 14-15
PAT 17-17
AA 18 on all four practice exams

I really want at least a 20 so am a little worried about the final few days of prep!
Some of those scores are a bit concerning. What else have you used to study? We don't use BC and I am not really familiar with the scoring but you have some wide swings in your scores, agree?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've mostly used BC and only a little bit of DAT Destroyer. Just scored a 21 on the 2007 DAT. It definitely did seem easier than those on BC. Should I feel a little more comfortable with that going into the DAT this week? Unable to take 2009 b/c I was unaware that it needed to be ordered via mail so no time.

Is this your first time taking the test? Have you used any other resources? Personally, I believe you need at least two different resources because there is not a single complete prep guide out there--they complete one another. I think if you want a 20, you should consider DAT Destroyer.

I've mostly used BC and only a little bit of DAT Destroyer. Just scored a 21 on the 2007 DAT. It definitely did seem easier than those on BC. Should I feel a little more comfortable with that going into the DAT this week? Unable to take 2009 b/c I was unaware that it needed to be ordered via mail so no time.
no you can take the test online as well.

What is your weak point in QR? Have you noticed any trends of something that you are consistently missing?

With your goal of 20, you should be set in everything except the QR. Find your weak points and practice them.