Consistent study resources during third year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PS2summerdays

CALI born and raised.
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I just started my clinical rotations (started with OB-GYN). It's very challenging so far with the long hours, but it's also very exciting.

I am trying to figure out what resources to use for studying and I've seen a lot of stuff around. After reading a countless threads, my conclusion is to use the following for each shelf/rotation:
1. Online Med Ed videos for content overview (should I buy the subscription for the questions/notes?)
2. UWorld for questions
3. Case Files for clinical application
4. First AID for STEP 2 CK for review and synthesis and framework

Is this sufficient to pass my shelfs and rotations for 3rd year? I know some rotations call for emphasizing a certain resource over another, but I like to stay consistent in my materials (like UFAP + Sketchy for STEP 1).
Though I want to learn as much as possible, I don't think I can realistically get through heavy text books with 12 hour shifts. I want a little bit of a life if I can have it.

My goal for STEP 2 CK is just to pass, and ideally beat my STEP 1 score (234). Can anyone offer some advice? Thank you!!!!