Consolidation taking forever to get approved?

Started by Red Beard
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Red Beard

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Going on a month since I applied, one of my lenders says they sent the federal office the required information a week ago, and I call the federal office today and they say "huh, we haven't received anything yet, but it looks like we never sent out the request to your other lender. We'll do that right away." 😡😡😡

Can't trust the gubment.

So how long has it taken for some of you guys to get approved?

Hoping it goes through quick b/c I can't afford my monthly payments right now in intership and want to get IBR instead of forbearance..