Consult Heme/Onc

Started by IMres85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IMres85

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First year fellow here, was just curious is anyway had any useful resources for consult service in general. Not necessarily a directed topic but rather something helpful to read prior to
 
Learn from every consult, try to take time and refer to NCCN and Uptodate. Have a plan ready for your attending and this way if there are any suggested changes to your plan, you can change your approach accordingly.

For Hematology consults I found How I treat articles very usefull, specially the algorithmic approach in them.

ASH/ASCO SAP, depending on the time you have can be very lengthy to read on service.
I just used to refer to to Uptodate on the go.

Doing ASCO tumor boards on their website was helpful as well.