Consultants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dradams

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used a med school admissions consultant? I've found a couple online and am debating using one. I'm a nontrad applicant applying this June. Give me some feedback if you know anything about this please.

Members don't see this ad.

do a search on educational consultants. there was a thread we had here recently. the general consensus was to stay away.

Originally posted by dradams
Has anyone used a med school admissions consultant? I've found a couple online and am debating using one. I'm a nontrad applicant applying this June. Give me some feedback if you know anything about this please.

Which educational consultants are you looking into? They're not all created equal. Inquarta is definitely pretty bad (www.inquarta.org) and won't really help you with much of anything. I can't really think of any other educational consultants out there except for private counselors who charge a fortune.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually would advise people to use consultant if they really feel the need. You don't neccessarily need to buy a whole package, some consultants let you meet for once and discuss any red flag in your app.

The one I consulted was Judy Levine, and she host a discussion board on www.examkrackers.com Goto "Admission Roundtable with Judy Levine" under "Bulletin Boards"
You can check out her advice to other people before you decide to contact her. (General advice on the public bulletin board is free)

Well, SDN is the best consultant that I've ever found but if you have some $$ cha-ching to spend then why not just see for yourself. You might come to the same conclusion or you might learn something. There is a decent site that advertised here on SDN - Medical School Consultants, something like that - and you might try them.

Just think of it as research funding, and the money might be well spent or a complete waste. Definitely do a search tho, and read what other people think.

The two that I was looking at are Jeannie Burlowski at getintomedschool.com and Judy Colwell at judycolwell.com. I'll check out Jusy Levine also.