Consumer to home Covid19 testing kit from Every Well-Available March 23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeratinPearls

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overnight Billionaires?

But Public Health England (PHE) advises against home testing.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hopefully without black turtlenecks

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Overnight Billionaires?

But Public Health England (PHE) advises against home testing.

If I get a respiratory illness in the next few weeks, I don't plan on getting tested. I would just quarantine myself and assume that I got the coronavirus.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are they going to confirm which of the (very small proportion) of positive results are true positives if everyone with "symptoms" is ordering and testing themselves?

But wait, this way we will loose a lot of public health data...

Earlier this week, my views were considered to be "extremist". Today, I am in the "mainstream".

In strategic shift, doctors in America's two largest cities are told to skip some coronavirus testing

"Health officials in New York City and Los Angeles County are signaling a change in local strategy when it comes to coronavirus testing, recommending that doctors avoid testing patients except in cases where a test result would significantly change the course of treatment.

A news release from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health this week advised doctors not to test those experiencing only mild respiratory symptoms unless “a diagnostic result will change clinical management or inform public health response.”