Consumer's Complaint to the board

Started by Roxan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Roxan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I gave the customer 2 month supply instead of three month. The customer first complaints to the corporate and they didn't pay attention. Now the board called me today about his complain. Do any of you know anything about this situation?
 
I would laugh if the board called me about something like that. Are they going to cite you when you tell them to ring their toilet paper up somewhere else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know much about retail, but this is an extremely trivial complaint. What's the board going to do about it? Maybe they're just calling you to let you know the guy needs an additional month of meds filled.
 
one of our staff pharmacist dispense an incorrect quantity for CIIs many times, never heard anyone go after him. one month instead of three month supplies.
 
I gave the customer 2 month supply instead of three month. The customer first complaints to the corporate and they didn't pay attention. Now the board called me today about his complain. Do any of you know anything about this situation?

Did they try just going back to the store to get the difference? WTF is wrong with people? If I get shorted a product anywhere, I just go back and get it. I always figure that if I'm nice, I might get a gift card or something out of it and the person making an honest mistake won't get the corporate shakedown.
 
In most cases, the Board is required to respond to all complaints. Honestly, this is something which could have easily been resolved at store level. This is a common mistake. It didn't hurt anyone. I can't imagine it going anywhere. If you are a part of a chain, you should forward along this issue. I have seen people make complaints to the board before, and they require that you make a statement. The store has lawyers and they will help you write it.
 
How do they prove that you shorted them one month? Their words vs yours who wins?

^^This.

Unless, when you say you gave them a 2 month supply instead of 3, you mean that you also billed them for a 2 month supply, in which case this is a particularly frivolous complaint. Or, of course, if your inventory count was off by the alleged amount, in which case, I guess you did short them. Still, I wouldn't get overly worried about it.
 
He opened the bag in front of us when we sell it to him for the first time. He said it is wrong and we fixed it at the same time. But he first complained to the store manager. She said your medication's quantity is right now and I cant do anything else. He started say inappropriate stuff to the manager and using F word. Then complained to the corporate and now to the board claiming the pharmacist doesn't know how to calculate.
 
Like Genesis said, the board (at least in my state) follows up on all complaints. It is extremely unlikely the board will do anything about this (unless they've had repeated complaints against the pharmacy.)
 
This is just one of those crazy people keeping showing up to bother you. The main duty of the board is to protect the public 's safety; in this case there is nothing harm done to him at all. So it's just one of those reminder calls from the board. When he picked up his meds, I'm sure he must have signed something regarding counseling requirement and if anything happens, you can always say that all those issues were made understood during the counseling session. Your store manager was right, he's already for the right med with the right quantity so there is nothing else you can do. If he's unhappy about customer service or rudeness, that's a different story and it usually does not fall into board's jurisdiction--at least my state board states that explicitly on their complaint-related site. I have a friend who used to get a call from the board regarding him refusing to sell insulin needles to a dad claiming his daughter was diabetic--and it's just a reminder call from the board telling my friend to just be careful next time when dealing with these patients.