Contact admissions for amcas typo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it worth reaching out to clarify with the admissions office?

• Yes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • ?

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

orangeapple12

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
med schools will likely not care. it's also not really important

this really depends on how you feel about listing the wrong location/city. if not reporting it will make you feel anxious about it, you may want to tell the medical school. i don't think they care about the location of where you did your EC as long as you did it.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
med schools will likely not care. it's also not really important

this really depends on how you feel about listing the wrong location/city. if not reporting it will make you feel anxious about it, you may want to tell the medical school. i don't think they care about the location of where you did your EC as long as you did it.
I did complete the EC but am unsure how med schools would look upon a wrong location if found out.

The NSA has been known to forward this type of stuff to the ATF. I would expect a raid in the next 2-3 days. Make sure you memorize your lawyer’s number.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
If you said Ewst Haven rather than West Haven, it is unlikely anyone would care. Even if it was East rather than West, it isn't likely to make difference. What could be so horrible about an incorrect location that you expect to be charged with fraud and expelled from school? I'm just not seeing it as a big deal but maybe there is more to the story than you are telling us.

Reactions: 4 users
If you said Ewst Haven rather than West Haven, it is unlikely anyone would care. Even if it was East rather than West, it isn't likely to make difference. What could be so horrible about an incorrect location that you expect to be charged with fraud and expelled from school? I'm just not seeing it as a big deal but maybe there is more to the story than you are telling us.
Seems weird to me that OP would think this was a big deal unless there is more to the story. I mean did they say they did research at MGH but it was actually at their local urgent care?

Do NOT underestimate the neuroticism of SDNers.
I tried to think of a medical analogy as a joke but SDN neuroticism is in a world of its own lol

Reactions: 1 user
tenor.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Ahhh bit paranoid since I accidentally put the wrong location i.e., clinical volunteering in Atlanta when it was in DC
Didn't know if adcoms would see this as a big deal

Last edited:
It only becomes a big deal if you make it a big deal

Reactions: 1 users