contact by programs before match day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hennypenny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm totally freaking out after a post i read in the general residency issues forum. some people are claiming that they have already been contacted by programs saying they've matched, but how could this be since i thought programs found out the same day we do, which isn't until next week?! has anyone heard from path programs already??

panic setting in...:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Programs find out who they matched the afternoon before the applicant. So this year they will find out next Wed.

If a program is telling someone they matched they are making a guess based on the fact they ranked them at the top and assuming the applicant did so as well.

Could also be just wishful thinking talk to stir up the crowd. hehe.

Though programs find out the day before most will not tell until after the match. They do not want to ruin match day. Though the school that sent the Fed Ex package was likely trying to be nice, imho they are idiots for doing that. Heck, my program director will not even tell us because she would worry we would talk and it would slip out.

Deep breaths everyone..it will be ok. Good luck.

I feel your panic :confused:

Anyway, I have not heard a lick from programs since after the ranks were certified. I don't expect to either.

Mindy

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey-

I have not heard anything from programs since the I certified my rank list. I did get a few emails from program directors before the deadline. Nobody ever said to me..."congrats you matched with us"-that would be way TOO EASY!!!! So, we have to sweat it out till Thursday....as I get angina just thinking about it.....

Coldstone:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Some applicants especially DO students and Foreign grads can find out earlier than regular MD students. This is the last year that this can happen. Next year there are going to the same rules for all applicants. :D