contact lenses question

Started by Oxycotin
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxycotin

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I've just recently gotten contact lenses and I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I have astigmatism and my optometrist gave me toric lenses to try out for a week but they seem to dry my eyes out and go out of focus everytime I blink. If I pull my lower eyelids down everything becomes perfectly clear. I told her that and then she gave me a pair of soft lenses to try. They're bigger and don't dry my eyes out but it seems like they're constantly out of focus, especially when i'm looking at smaller things like words on a bottle or computer screen. Are there certain kinds of contact lenses that I should ask about or should I just do trial and error to find the best kind? How many kinds of contact lenses are there?
 
There are lots of kinds of contact lenses. But, if you're having trouble with your contacts you need to ask your OD. We can't diagnose which lenses would work best for you over the internet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.