Contact PD by e-mail or mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TKD0205

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since it's getting late in the game, I sent e-mails of interest and now realize that may be poor form. Does anyone have advice on whether it's acceptable to also send a letter of interest through snail mail (or is that overkill sending it through both ways)?

Members don't see this ad.

Overkill. Email is fine

Since it's getting late in the game, I sent e-mails of interest and now realize that may be poor form. Does anyone have advice on whether it's acceptable to also send a letter of interest through snail mail (or is that overkill sending it through both ways)?

I had this same fear, but decided to go with emails for my top programs. The great thing about it, is that they write you back, so you get some type of correspondence to calm you for the moment. And yes...I know "all PD's lie" but it's nice to get feedback, which may be lacking from snail mail.

Hmmm, I met with the program director during my away, again at the interview, and again during the second look. Then I sent them a lengthy thank you note saying how much I love their program. Plus, I had someone from my school call on my behalf telling them I'm ranking them number one. Today I sent them another email telling them they are #1 and attached some pictures of my vacation!

Just kidding. But someone at my school is seriously doing all of the above.....for medicine, of all things. I don't think emailing them is considered weird or poor form, especially when you know there are people like my classmate out there.........