Contact school before application?

Started by Pojman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pojman

Level 99 Alchemist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So - I am very excited to begin my pharmacy school applications, and I have a question about something. Usually l just make a decision and stick to it, but I worry that I might come off a bit too anxious.

I have a ton of questions regarding the pharmacy school which I will be applying to, and I would like to get some "face time" with an adviser or admissions staff member. I would like to go over my questions, and hopefully gain some knowledge on how to become the strongest applicant possible.

Does this sound a bit too "high pressure"? Or, is this more common than I am thinking?
 
So - I am very excited to begin my pharmacy school applications, and I have a question about something. Usually l just make a decision and stick to it, but I worry that I might come off a bit too anxious.

I have a ton of questions regarding the pharmacy school which I will be applying to, and I would like to get some "face time" with an adviser or admissions staff member. I would like to go over my questions, and hopefully gain some knowledge on how to become the strongest applicant possible.

Does this sound a bit too "high pressure"? Or, is this more common than I am thinking?

That sounds normal to me. I don't see any harm to it. In fact, I used to regularly set up appointments with different professors to learn about their research back when I was applying for graduate school. Professors who were interested in me would asked me to email them my application number. It is a natural thing to do for your passion. Good luck to you!
 
So - I am very excited to begin my pharmacy school applications, and I have a question about something. Usually l just make a decision and stick to it, but I worry that I might come off a bit too anxious.

I have a ton of questions regarding the pharmacy school which I will be applying to, and I would like to get some "face time" with an adviser or admissions staff member. I would like to go over my questions, and hopefully gain some knowledge on how to become the strongest applicant possible.

Does this sound a bit too "high pressure"? Or, is this more common than I am thinking?
I thought this blog was kind of helpful in answering some of my questions. I can't get the link to work but it's called "the truth about pharmacy school admissions".