contact schools or no??

Started by IGGA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IGGA

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if it's ok to contact schools regarding where am i during the application process. I know many schools say not to contact them and to wait for their response. Would it show that i really wanna go to their school if i kept asking them about my application status??
 
What most schools do is send a postcard to you letting you know that they have received your application. If the application is not complete, they might have a blank on the postcard stating that a part of your application is missing. Take their advice and wait for some type of writing from them.

------------------
And the blessings just keep coming!
 
Be aware that most medical schools (well the ones that I applied to) don't give you ANY notice if your application is complete. I called them and after several medschools I found that my application was indeed completed so I decided not to call the rest. Call or don't call... it won't affect your application!

------------------
What's best isn't always what's obvious..