Contacting admissions

Started by kpratt07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kpratt07

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

Is it a good idea to contact the admissions office for a program to ask about the status of your application? Or is it just annoying to them?

I have not heard from a few schools (anything good or bad) but I have seen several people on this forum over the past few weeks post that they got accepted/rejected/waitlisted to these programs. I figured that maybe some schools don't make all their decisions at once...? but I'm not sure. Should I contact admissions about my application or just suck it up and keep waiting?
 
I think its a good idea to call or even email. They cant penalize you for being curious. I have emailed a few schools about my application status, and they replied very quickly.
 
I've called a few schools to inquire. They returned my calls quickly and did not seem annoyed. I say go for it if you're curious.