PMRsports

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I have not heard from the program I matched at. Are we expected to contact them or how does it all work to go from here? I am going out of the country for 5 weeks for a rotation and just wondered if I needed to do something before I leave.. Thanks!

oreosandsake

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2007
Chicago
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have not heard from the program I matched at. Are we expected to contact them or how does it all work to go from here? I am going out of the country for 5 weeks for a rotation and just wondered if I needed to do something before I leave.. Thanks!

Personally, I would notify them know that I was leaving for 5 weeks...

Bombesin

Awesomeness Embodied
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
Give the program coordinator a ring. If you have special circumstance, don't wait for them to initiate. Communication is a two-way street after all!

MSKalltheway

I got the magic stick
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Im gonna agree with all of the above. It will be especially important to contact them if you have a categorical spot. Less important if it's just advanced, although I still would. I heard from my program already and the only thing that we were told (other than congrats) was that we will get our contracts in several months, but no action is needed otherwise.

Karaoke

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Attending Physician
It certainly doesn't hurt to drop them a line and let them know you'll be out of
the country, but honestly I wouldn't sweat it too much. They're not really
going to need anything from you anytime soon, and if you give them your
email address you'll still be reachable. I bet either they don't contact you or
they just send you a congratulations and "do you have any questions?".
Nothing to lose sleep over. And it's not like they're going to un-invite you
because you were incommunicado for a month. They're stuck with you. :D

PMRsports

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for the responses, it was an advanced spot so I figured I had some time. Just dropped the coordinator and email and didn't sound like they would need anything anytime soon lol.