Contacting matched program..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PMRsports

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not heard from the program I matched at. Are we expected to contact them or how does it all work to go from here? I am going out of the country for 5 weeks for a rotation and just wondered if I needed to do something before I leave.. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard from the program I matched at. Are we expected to contact them or how does it all work to go from here? I am going out of the country for 5 weeks for a rotation and just wondered if I needed to do something before I leave.. Thanks!

Personally, I would notify them know that I was leaving for 5 weeks...

Give the program coordinator a ring. If you have special circumstance, don't wait for them to initiate. Communication is a two-way street after all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Im gonna agree with all of the above. It will be especially important to contact them if you have a categorical spot. Less important if it's just advanced, although I still would. I heard from my program already and the only thing that we were told (other than congrats) was that we will get our contracts in several months, but no action is needed otherwise.

It certainly doesn't hurt to drop them a line and let them know you'll be out of
the country, but honestly I wouldn't sweat it too much. They're not really
going to need anything from you anytime soon, and if you give them your
email address you'll still be reachable. I bet either they don't contact you or
they just send you a congratulations and "do you have any questions?".
Nothing to lose sleep over. And it's not like they're going to un-invite you
because you were incommunicado for a month. They're stuck with you. :D

Thanks for the responses, it was an advanced spot so I figured I had some time. Just dropped the coordinator and email and didn't sound like they would need anything anytime soon lol.