Contacting retail district managers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm00123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a P3 and I know I want to go into retail. However, where I go to school and where all of my rotations are (midwest) is NOT where I want to stay.

I am an intern at wags currently and would prefer to work for walgreens in Dallas or Atlanta region. Is it appropriate to contact the district managers for those areas just to introduce yourself and ask about any potential openings they know of? I am just not sure how else to get a job in these areas.
My school has a career fair day, however the only offers they give out are only in midwest area! :(

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to be in the same boat.
The advice I was given was to contact the DM in the area you want to work, and talk to them personally.
Also, doing a rotation with your local DM and having them as a reference would probably be a good idea as well.

maybe you should speak to your DM and tellthem you want to move after grad and see if they can get you in contact.

May want to move to a state that has some positions though...

I'm going to be in the same boat.
The advice I was given was to contact the DM in the area you want to work, and talk to them personally.
Also, doing a rotation with your local DM and having them as a reference would probably be a good idea as well.
Would it be better to call them or email them?