Contacting schools about being waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twh11

ISU CVM Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the different schools feel if we contact them to find out where we are on waitlists and what they think are chances are now that the April 15th deadline has passed?

Members don't see this ad.

I know UF won't tell you anything! [I already tried, was offered an internship that I had to decline, = ( ] It really depends on the school, and just because the deadline has past doesn't mean that your chances are nill. As you can tell from reading the alternate threads, there are many people that are invited to multiple schools from the alternate list. They have to decline some, so that opens up spots for other people.

Best of luck!

I know a few people have tried calling Kansas and found out squat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I broke down and called OK state yesterday. I'm so glad I did, now I won't jump every time the cell phone rings :)

They were VERY friendly. They won't notify alternates until last week of May/1st week of June. The exact time I'm in the Galapagos Islands (no email, no phone easily accessible). If I'm lucky enough to get invited, everyone will know besides me! <<<pout, pout >>> :D

But at the same time, philomycus, you'll be in an incredible one-in-a-lifetime locale.... so it *somewhat* balances out. :laugh:

I definitely had been in contact with Glasgow almost weekly about being waitlisted, so who knows if they were getting annoyed with me or not. It turns out that I was accepted to RVC in London, so I'm going there and will email and remove myself from the Glasgow waitlist anyway. haha oops for being annoying and then backing out.

I think if you're persistant, they see that you're really passionate and you want to be there. It can't hurt anything to contact the school you're waitlisted with.. they should understand the process is extremely stressful. :)
G'luck!:luck:

I broke down and called OK state yesterday. I'm so glad I did, now I won't jump every time the cell phone rings :)

They were VERY friendly. They won't notify alternates until last week of May/1st week of June. The exact time I'm in the Galapagos Islands (no email, no phone easily accessible). If I'm lucky enough to get invited, everyone will know besides me! <<<pout, pout >>> :D

You'll have to try sooo hard to not obsess about it while you are there!!!

Thanks for the info Philo! I was also hesitant in contacting them. Glad someone did! Thanks for posting it here as well. Well, I guess I can calm down with the obsessiveness with my cell phone for at least a couple of weeks! :laugh:

yeah, right! :D

I will wake up every morning like this: :eek:

that's how i thought i would be in peru, but i was having so much fun from dawn to dusk that there were days i woke up actually thinking of other stuff

have a great trip philo and post some pics on the long lost vacation thread (if appropriate :D)