Contacting UCSF -- Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I just just checked the UCSF WebTools and now see that according to the website, they only have one of my three LOR's on record and thus my app is marked incomplete. It is getting down to the wire and I need to know what is up. Every other school got all 3 LOR's.

I need to contact UCSF about this and have called nearly every number I can find from their website to with no success. I need to talk to an actual person, not a recording. I have left several messages but no one has gotten back to me. I understand there are thousands of apps but if I don't get in due to a clerical error I will be super pissed off.

Does anyone know a way to get a hold of an actual person that can help me? I know of a few SDN'ers that have the same prob.

Time is seriously running out. :mad: :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

PDizzle said:
OK, I just just checked the UCSF WebTools and now see that according to the website, they only have one of my three LOR's on record and thus my app is marked incomplete. It is getting down to the wire and I need to know what is up. Every other school got all 3 LOR's.

I need to contact UCSF about this and have called nearly every number I can find from their website to with no success. I need to talk to an actual person, not a recording. I have left several messages but no one has gotten back to me. I understand there are thousands of apps but if I don't get in due to a clerical error I will be super pissed off.

Does anyone know a way to get a hold of an actual person that can help me? I know of a few SDN'ers that have the same prob.

Dude, i'm in the same boat. They actually updated your page? Mine hasn't been updated since they received my app from AADSAS. And I have turned in my supplementary, transcripts and LORs.

HELP ANYONE OUT THERE?

PDizzle said:

Try e-mailing Bob MacKenzie, maybe he can help you. [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
same here.. i called the school and talked to somebody quite awhile ago,
and he told me that he was gonna call me back. but he didn't.
i didn't want to wait without knowing what was going on,
so i had AADSAS re-sent out the committee letter. i'm still waiting for
the school to update the webtool...

lifescool said:
Dude, i'm in the same boat. They actually updated your page? Mine hasn't been updated since they received my app from AADSAS. And I have turned in my supplementary, transcripts and LORs.

HELP ANYONE OUT THERE?

They finally updated my page on Oct 27. The first time in well over a month.

UoP updates theirs about every week and a half or so and I remember getting one update that said my application was incomplete due to missing items (do not recall what ones). I called UoP and the lady said my app was complete and in review but it just hasn't been updated on Web Tools. I hope the same thing is happening at UCSF although I can't see how they recieve 1 LOR and not all 3. Maybe they just got lost in the shuffle.

Try contact Carmen Alonso-Hernandez, the admission coordinator, at 415-476-2739.

PDizzle said:

How to get to the UCSF webtool page? would you post the link? Thanks!

how is time running out? dental school doesn't for about 10 months. chill

TimR said:

TimR said:

hmm...wait 10 months to see if my application is complete and correct any possible problems. Sounds good. I think I'll do that.

they just changed my status to "incomplete" indicating that they've received my secondary. but they still havent updated my DAT or LOR's, anybody in teh same boat? I took my DAT back in august and my aadsas printout was mailed sept 26...

PDizzle said:

twinklit said:
they just changed my status to "incomplete" indicating that they've received my secondary. but they still havent updated my DAT or LOR's, anybody in teh same boat? I took my DAT back in august and my aadsas printout was mailed sept 26...

I am in the same boat. :scared:

PDizzle said:
hmm...wait 10 months to see if my application is complete and correct any possible problems. Sounds good. I think I'll do that.

During my interview I was told that UCSF wouldn't send 80 acceptance letters on Dec 1st. Plus, some applicants get an acceptance letter from UCSF but decide to study somewhere else (e.g. local or state school).

same boat....ahhh! so annoying. I tried calling their number and no matter what number you push, you will never even get a voicemail...

I had no idea you had to send transcripts directly to UCSF! I submitted my app ages ago and didn't receive any information about webtools. It says mine app is incomplete because there are no trancripts!

rajmahal2004 said:
I had no idea you had to send transcripts directly to UCSF! I submitted my app ages ago and didn't receive any information about webtools. It says mine app is incomplete because there are no trancripts!

Uhm on the blue postcard you received regarding your supplementary, it tells you that you need to send official transcripts to UCSF.

I have the same damn problem with UCSF. Carmen Alonso-Hernandez nor anyone else I have tried reaching there never pick up their phone or call you back. My problem is that the sent me a letter saying that one of my professor's LOR did not meet their requirments! On thier website they state that they want 2 letters from science professors. This professor teaches ecology and entomology. Those two fields are firmly planted in the sciences, so what gives? UCSF won't get back to me, and it's frustrating.

But the great thing is that I just had a most wonderful interview day at UOP.

eapleitez said:
I have the same damn problem with UCSF. Carmen Alonso-Hernandez nor anyone else I have tried reaching there never pick up their phone or call you back. My problem is that the sent me a letter saying that one of my professor's LOR did not meet their requirments! On thier website they state that they want 2 letters from science professors. This professor teaches ecology and entomology. Those two fields are firmly planted in the sciences, so what gives? UCSF won't get back to me, and it's frustrating.

But the great thing is that I just had a most wonderful interview day at UOP.

wow, i really want to hear about your UOP interview experience.