Contacts, research, questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentgirl89

collegestudent89
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have several concerns and need help with them. First of the all, you may have read my previous threads regarding GPA and retaking courses to get better grades, but if you didn't, I'll explain briefly. I have two GPAs, one is cumulative and another one is principle of field study (my major). The cumulative GPA is 3.0 and my PFOS GPA is 2.85. That concerns me a lot and few people suggested that I should retake few classes that i have gotten C's in and get better grades (if you are wondering which classes I got C's in, please look at my previous thread, it is in the first thread). I researched about pharmacy schools and the GPA needs to be higher than my PFOS GPA to be accepted. Do you think it might be a good idea for me to contact pharmacy schools to ask them for their suggestions and also ask them how should I improve to be accepted into their programs? If so, what kind of questions should I ask them (I have few questions i've wrote down but I am not sure if they are acceptable to ask). I am planning to contact pharmacy schools tomorrow morning, so I can know what to expect. I am in my fourth year and will probably graduate in May 2012, but do you think it is a good idea for me to have a year off to study for PCAT exam and then apply for pharmacy schools for 2013-2014? I would like to have more time to study for PCAT exam. Also, another thing I am interested in doing an internship over the summer 2012, and I have contacted my friends about internships/research labs. They said that there are three different kinds of internships- volunteering, shadowing and research lab. I am planning to do an internship in the hospital or hospital lab and I don't know if they will be acceptable to the pharmacy schools. I am curious, which kind of the internships will pharmacy schools will look into the most? Any suggestions or advices/tips are very much apperciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.