Contemplating my score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AstraZ

prn
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the PCAT this morning and I'm on the fence about whether or not to retake. Here are my scores:

VA: 91
Bio: 74
RC: 51
QA: 82
Chem: 61
Composite: 79

I'm mainly concerned about RC (ran out of time - forgot all my tips) and chemistry. The schools I'm applying to do NOT have a section minimum and one considers a 50 composite as competitive whereas the other considers a 60 composite competitive. Should I retake?

Other stats:
* PharmCAS cGPA: 3.02
* PharmCAS sGPA: 2.75 (both were brought down significantly by a disqualifying semester in pharmacy school 10 years ago due to severe medical problems. I've since graduated with my B.S. in Microbiology with a 3.96 GPA)
* 6 years as a pharm tech (retail, mail order, compounding, and hospital)
* Research experience
* 3 awesome LORs
* Weekly volunteer for a non-profit organization since Feb 2015

Members don't see this ad.

I think that score is pretty competitive also depends on which school you want to go to. For bio and chem was it like the Pearson practice tests? And for verbal were the words hard or many random words? Thanks

I think that score is pretty competitive also depends on which school you want to go to. For bio and chem was it like the Pearson practice tests? And for verbal were the words hard or many random words? Thanks

For the two I'm applying to even my lowest section score is above the minimum and the ones one school focuses on (sciences and math) were all above what they consider competitive.

As for verbal: hard is relative. There were a few words that I had never seen before that I had to guess on and verbal was always my strongest section so I may not be the best person to judge easy or hard.

For chem and bio: I thought they were quite different from the PPTs because they had a few passage questions which, from the boards, I did expect... But I didn't expect so many of them! Ick. Other than that I thought some aspects were easier and others were harder. I know that doesn't really help. Nondisclosure agreement for one, but also I honestly don't remember a lot of specifics other than I am now curious about bees. Lol