Continuing Clinical Experience, Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lodo.owl

Above all, be human.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year SDN!

Have been scribing in an urban ED part-time for almost two years (approx. 1300 hours currently) but have definitely hit my ceiling/need to get paid more, so am leaving my site in the Spring to put forth more hours into my other job. Because of my other employment I'm not in need of another paid position, but am looking to continue my clinical experience after leaving the ED.

It was suggested to me that I may be a good fit as a hospice volunteer because of the position's closeness with patients and relatively flexible hours (both important to me, the latter which is especially necessary bc I'm also balancing non-clinical volunteering/full time student/biochem research/shadowing/other job part-time and have no wish to burn out), but I was wondering if there are any other clinical experience suggestions you may have, unpaid being a non-issue.

EMS/MA and the like positions I'm not interested in due to time commitment and certification requirements. Just looking to review all the options before pursuing in a few months!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Being a hospice volunteer is a great clinical experience. You have enough clinical hours for MD applications and needing a job that pays better is understandable. Go for it!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users