Continuing Education Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful83

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a question about the continuing education section on AACOMAS. I have both an emt-b license and a usa hockey coaching license and was wondering what the "contact" hours refers to. Is this how long the course was, or how many hours you have put the certification to use? Also, does it matter if the emt-b license was obtained through university? Lastly, I have the emt-b license but haven't practiced at all, should I even bother listing it? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I have a question about the continuing education section on AACOMAS. I have both an emt-b license and a usa hockey coaching license and was wondering what the "contact" hours refers to. Is this how long the course was, or how many hours you have put the certification to use? Also, does it matter if the emt-b license was obtained through university? Lastly, I have the emt-b license but haven't practiced at all, should I even bother listing it? Thanks in advance!

Yes. Put the number of hours the course said. Having your EMT-B is more than some applicants have, so use it.

A quick Google search said EMT-B averages around 240-250 contact hours.

Reactions: 1 user